Re: Topband: 160 meter QSL card checking

To: n7ng@arrl.net
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 meter QSL card checking
From: Andreas Junge <andreas@n6nu.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 09:24:35 -0700
Why not publish the current rule regarding 160M field checking and remove the
confusion:

http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-field-checkin <http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-field-checkin>

1) Entities Eligible for Field Checking:

a) With an exception for 160 Meters, cards for all current and deleted entities
dating back to November 15, 1945 can be checked. Cards for 160 Meters can only
be checked by Card Checkers who currently hold an active 160 Meter DXCC, ARRL
Headquarters staff who have been authorized by the Manager of the Radiosport
Department, or existing Card Checkers who agree to allow their work to be
vetted by the Radiosport Department. The Manager of the Radiosport Department
shall make a special reporting form
<http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/Convention%20Form.pdf> available for this
purpose. 160 Meter Card Checkers can be found on the complete list of DXCC 160
Card Checkers.

So, there still is a 160M DXCC requirement and it CAN be waived by the manager
of the Radio Sport Department OR the card checker has to submit an additional
form requesting his/her work to be  checked by the Radio Sport Department when
the paperwork gets in.

The form is here:

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/Convention%20Form.pdf
<http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/Convention%20Form.pdf>

As for not having coverage in a certain area - volunteer to be a checker!

Yes, I am a card checker, no I don't have my 160M DXCC yet, but I am up to #87
:-)

And Wayne, I am the guy who’s house is 2 down from where you made your first
ever QSO when you were a kid :-)

73, Andreas, N6NU