Re: Topband: Remote operation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Remote operation
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 15:33:20 -0400
Neither

What is killing amateur radio is that for most young people it is not relevant. When you can chat face to face anywhere in the world with a PC and cell phone they ( understandably) don't see the attraction or experience the thrill of hanging up a wire and waiting for sunset/sunrise for that 10 min opening to send a few snippets of text via Morse code through the noise with� someone on the other side of the planet. Many aspects of amateur radio have become curious anachronism's like sewing your own clothes and making you own butter. We are killing amateur not with FT8 but with our own worn out genes because those of us who practice "the old ways" are dying and soon we will be dying at a faster rate than younger players will coming to experience the ritual of Wouf hong (sp?)

Dave
NR1DX