Topband: FW: RE: Ground for K9AY Loop

To: "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FW: RE: Ground for K9AY Loop
From: "FZ Bruce" <k1fz@twc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 19:21:55 +0000

        ----------------------------------
Hi Pete,

        I think a ground rod is better, not all will agree. With a rod you do
not have to worry so much about the wires. ( animals chewing, etc)
Tripping anyone, going out of balance and picking up signals. A rod
can be assisted by water pressure to go in. (A copper pipe with a
garden hose attached). Also hardware stores have long drills, drill
extensions, impact devices (similar to a jack hammer, to penetrate the
tough stuff). Whatever it takes to get down into good moisture.

        73

        Bruce-K1FZ