Topband: some impression about prestew perry.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: some impression about prestew perry.
From: Marco Gorni <ik2clb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 10:12:37 +0200
In my opinion this is the best contest on top band, spread on four season,
no any assistance for all, commitment to receive exactly the report (grid
locator),great presence of North american stations, no too much hours
stolen from the family, and  great fun for real top bander...

Unfortunately many Ham do not know how the 160 works, missing the patience
to wait the rigth peak, in 5 - 6 qso whit USA, I ended qso in 2-3 minuts,
because deep and slow QSB, signals disappear quikly and come on slowly
after 30-40 seconds and so on. Needs Patience, Guys!
Few time in run, many in s/p, I was low power and about  ten NA did not
heard me, among these xe2x,k7rl (WA),and cx3vm.
I contact 35 NA, ( 4 bust) not bad for 100 watts ( but big antenna of
course 2 full size vertical dipoles east/west) and 2 double size ewe, flag
and some beverages. We had share the band with vp6r and 5k0k pileup, vp6r
very big, I was focused on contest and I wasn'tinterested about vp6 or 5k0,
but durin my sun rise the VP6R signal has risen stongly, S6 on ewe ant s9
on vertical dipole, over dipole noise floor. I was stunned and I decider to
throw a couple of  call. Only 5 call was needed to get answer... amazing,
this is my best dx ever with 100 w, about 16.000 km but no valid for
contest becouse he gave me no grid report  :-), so I tried, with succes,
with 5k0k too.
VP6R signal came till 6:15 Z ( 1 hour after my SR), when all NA stations
was disappeared, VP6R cames yet.
My best dx: K0RF (CO) tnx Chuck !
I am looking forward for the  next one !
ik2clb Marco