Topband: BCB Filter - final selection

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BCB Filter - final selection
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 00:19:01 +0100
$180 for a receiver filter?   That's absurd !

I also wouldn't want one that attenuates 160m too.

Is the station you are having problems with actually above 1.6MHz ? If not,
you don't need a filter that starts attenuating within Top Band, like that
one does.

And you might need hardly any attenuation to stop the cross-mod you are
getting.

Personally, if it's just from one station, I would just put a simple
parallel tuned ciruit in series, tuned to that frequency . . . that would
probably cure the problem. And that would just cost you less than $1 !

(By the way, if you now have stations broadcasting between 1.6 and 1.7 MHz,
how does anyone pick them up?  I don't know any broadcast radios that go
above 1.6 !)

Roger G3YRO

Thank you all for your recommendations. Leaning towards this filter below.
Any objections before I pull the trigger?

http://kiwa-electronics.com/bcb-rejection-filter-20.html

73,
Ed NI6S/7Z1ES