Topband: Spring DX

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Spring DX
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 08:41:48 -0600
Common darkness between VE6 and EU is getting shorter by the day, but as long
as the geo-mag cooperates, the band remains open.
Last night I was able to work ON7PQ, ON8DM, G4UFK and G3XHZ from between
0400-0500z.  Lots of QSB, but signal strengths high on the QSB peaks.  Early
last week I was able to squeeze out a QSO with John SM5EDX, but mostly the AU
has been too hot to allow for any trans-polar prop.  I hope things continue to
cool off.
Fortunately the WX here has been cold and snowy so there has almost no
convective activity triggering T-storms, so the QRN has been almost zero.

The morning OC-AS path has been pretty reliable with good signals from JA, VK,
ZL and VK6 most mornings.

I am going to try and remain QRV looking for the last gasps from EU and
continue to look for OC through my summer.

73, de steve ve6wz