Topband: Loop on the ground as a counterpoise - update

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Loop on the ground as a counterpoise - update
From: Chris Moulding <chrism@crosscountrywireless.net>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 22:26:27 +0100
I've modeled two versions of the High Z Antenna Amplifier with a 5m vertical element one with a 10m long loop counterpoise and the other with a 10m straight counterpoise.

My version of 4NEC2 with NEC2 won't model it correctly close to ground but I've already spotted that it would be possible to successfully use the loop counterpoise on top of a tall building or mounted on a mast.

The links to my antenna models are:

http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/G4HYG_High_Z_loop_counterpoise.nec

www.crosscountrywireless.net/G4HYG_High_Z_straight_counterpoise.nec

73, Chris G4HYG