Topband: INV-L upgrade: opinions needed

To: TOPBAND <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: INV-L upgrade: opinions needed
From: "Bob I.2.WIJ via Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 14:08:39 +0000 (UTC)
Hi all,I have an Inv-L for 160, shaped like the AKI-Special,
with stranded wire AWG 12, held up by a support pole of 11m
then a fiber fishing rod abt 10m then hooked to a distant walnut treeat about 5
mt above ground.All this works and I measured an R of 11/12 ohm but I would
like
to make some improvement.I would like to use the AL support pole, extended to
about 15m,starting with 70mm diameter base and tapered up to 30mm,
and used as a part of the radiating element, then still have the fiber rodas
extended support like today and still hook the rest of the wireto the same
walnut tree.So the configuration and shape should be more or less the samebut
the first 15m of the radiating element will be more thick.

Actually I have 20 radials on the ground of 15/20m lenght,and would like to
renew the ground plane with 32 radialsall 20m long or, 16 radials in a Y shape,
10m till the forkingand then the other two 10m legs.

What could I expect from such a modification?I suppose to reach an higher
radiating resistance up to 15/16 ohmand a wider bandwith and, hopefully, have
an increased performance
in terms of output signal.I made some simulation with MMANA that seems to
confirm thoseexpectation about R and BW..What do you suggest? What could I do
differently or
what not to do?
Anticipate thanks for your opinions.73--
Bob, I2WIJ