Re: Topband: 160m Vertical

To: Ken Claerbout <kenk4zw@gmail.com>, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Vertical
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 11:01:57 -0500
Speaking of broadbandedness.

OK, what differences would it be bandwidth wise?

Where does it matter to get the wider bandwidth/

At the feedpoint?

At the far end?

In other words, you get broader bandwidth using Rohn 25 than using say a 4" irrigation pipe.

Now how about if you have a broad base like a self supporting tower where the base is like 6 feet apart legs and then it tapers down to only a foot at the top.  Would that be broader than the Rohn 25?

Or take it the other way, take that same tower but put it up-side-down..

It is 12" across at the base at the feedpoint, but it is 6 feet wide at the top.

what would the bandwidth be like with that?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme