Topband: Anyone with experience using CAT6 as feed line.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Anyone with experience using CAT6 as feed line.
From: Mikek <amdx@knology.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 15:19:49 -0500
 Did a first test on a BOG, I noted it didn't have a f/b ratio.
 Then I noted I connected the wrong pair to the radio.
 That means the twisted pair is picking up signal.
I terminated it hoping that would quiet it, It didn't.
 I corrected the wiring error, But the feed line pickup
makes the BOG useless.

On a previous BOG I used #18 twisted speaker wire and it
picked up very little RF when connected the the radio.

  Do I need to do anything with the unused pairs,
that would help?

 Any thoughts on how to prevent RF pickup by the feed line?

                               Mikek KF4ITA