Re: Topband: 1610 KHz AM Channel in USA

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 1610 KHz AM Channel in USA
From: fmoeves <fmoeves@twc.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2020 14:15:05 -0400
Here are some fun beacons that I can also pickup on my
beverages.http://dxinfocentre.com/ndb.htmMostly between 195 to 300 kHzOn 1611
here I pick the CVG Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky airport the passenger
info.Whole new world out there with the rx antennas.The K9AY loop really works
good here at my location too.Just nice to have choices..Happy 4th73Fred
KB4QZHOn 7/4/2020 11:55 AM, Tree wrote:> Been testing my new SW Beverage using
the 1610 kHz channel.  This channel> is mostly (if not entirely) low power
stations - including the TIS> services.  I have one about 25 miles SW of me for
the Tillamook Burn.  It> isn't very strong here - but I can hear it.>> This
morning, a few hours after sunrise - the frequency is full of> chatter.  Using
different Beverages brings out different voices.>> A very useful tool for
testing your RX antennas during the daytime.>> Tree N6TR> _________________>