Re: Topband: [bevantennas] Ground screen under beverage....

To: donovanf@erols.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: [bevantennas] Ground screen under beverage....
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 08:56:16 -0400
Frank,

That is one of the best e mails about beverages I have seen!! Thanks.  I have been toying with making a long Europe beverage along my rocky ridgeline. It is solid rock with no way to apply a conventional ground. My towers up there have no grounding at the base but utilize multiple #6 copper wires that extend out about 100-150 ft downhill until they get into some dirt. Then they are grounded.  Now to stock up on chicken wire!!

The ground mat under the sloping wire reminds me of G-line that was used at L band.

73

Dave K1WHS