Re: Topband: Common mode choking of beverages

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Common mode choking of beverages
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 14:18:58 -0700
CAT5/6/7 cables consist of four 100 ohm twisted pairs, each with a different twist ratio to minimize crosstalk between the pairs. Indeed, there is nothing inferior about it as a feedline as compared to coax, except that it may see its Zo modified slightly if it's laying on the ground or very close to another conductor. CAT5/6/7 pairs have fairly low loss.

Bottom line -- nothing wrong with what you're doing. You're just smart enough to know that it is a perfectly good way of feeding a Beverage.

73, Jim K9YC