Re: Topband: TopBand: Good Conditions, Little Activity

To: "'Roger Kennedy'" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: TopBand: Good Conditions, Little Activity
From: "Robert Garrett" <rgarrett5@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 11:14:21 -0400
Gentlemen,

We have gone down this road many times.  Some of us use and like FT8, others
think it is the end of Ham radio.  No one is going to change their mind or
position.

I had a 35 minute CW rag chew with John G3PQA earlier this week.  I've
worked more than 10 VK and ZL stations over the past week.   I've had
multiple contacts with ON7PQ, IV3PRK, LY7M, DL8LAS, SM5EDX and many other EU
stations in the last 3 to 4 weeks.  The CW band is far from dead.

How about we focus on TopBand propagation, how to improve antennas etc. and
stop this ongoing whining about lack of CW activity.

GUD DX and cu on TB.  73, Bob K3UL