Topband: VK6GX - 160 propagation

To: "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VK6GX - 160 propagation
From: W3HKK@roadrunner.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:30:03 +0000
Phil, your neighbor VK6LW Kevin was my first VK6 on top band a few
weeks ago. Solid 559 both ways here into central Ohio. What a thrill.

I heard you on later...imagine that: TWO VK6's at one time! .... but
the pile of strong West Coast US stations deterred me from trying.

That same week, I also worked six VKs ( 2, 3,4,5) which was a gold
mine of VKs for me.

Now that I know I can do it, will be looking for VK6 again. Are you
two the only VK6's active on top band?

No Beverages here but use SAL-30 rx antenna, and a reliable 1/4 wave
INV-L at 52 ft with 26 radials. Rig: IC7610 -ACOM1000 amp. Up to
175/155 worked/confirmed on 160 in the past five years.

Stay well. CU at our SR one of these days.

Bob