Re: Topband: K9AY amplifier

To: Wojciech Tomczyk <sp7wt@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY amplifier
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 10:53:50 -0500
Unless you are in some incredibly-low-atmospheric-noise location, the rig's
preamplifier will be enough for a K9AY loop.

It is important to use good coax with intact shield. I was helping a friend
of mine with his K9AY and his old coax was leaking in more signal than the
antenna was picking up. We replaced the coax and everything was better!

Tim N3QE