Re: Topband: 7Q7

To: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 7Q7
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 13:38:50 -0500
Tom

I'm using a 470 foot E/W Beverage here  in Florida on receive and a 60' high "T"  with four 90' elevated radials for transmit (TS890/KPA1500) . The CW operation the first night was quite a QSB roller coaster and I had no success catching the right xmit frequency  with the peaks. The second night on FT8 I was a bit luckier finally logging them at 02:15 though they were not as strong on average as the first night. For comparison a friend, 30 miles south of me who lives on an ocean access salt water canal only heard one decode all night on his 65' high inverted V ( He usually kicks my behind on 80M though)

My sense is that the propagation favored the upper Midwest the first night and that Europe clearly had the edge the 2nd night, It did not seem to be all that many USA getting through.

Dave
NR1DX