Topband: T32JV - 10May 2024 1827.5 up 1

To: "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: T32JV - 10May 2024 1827.5 up 1
From: W3HKK@roadrunner.com
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 10:19:17 +0000
George, mni tnx for bringing 160 cw alive! :)

Hr in Ohio, ur sigs today came out of the noise c. 0930z and peaked
around 1000z at a real 579. And at 1010z u were still true armchair
cpy hr. The skies started to get light c. 1015z and ur sigs
disappeared, though you may have gone QRT.

Station: ACOM amp at 700w + IC7610
Ants:
RX: SAL 30
TX 52 ft vertical leg 1/4 wave INV-L with no radials, just a single 8'
gnd rod. ( My winter set up with 26 x 100 ft radials has recently been
coiled up and are hanging from the walnut tree for mowing season. But
it still seems to work well, as evidenced by our contact today. ( also
an indication that good midwestern soil supports 160m antennas rather
well.)

QRN was S5-9, averaging S7, and you were punching right thru it!

Bon voyage,
Bob W3HKK (since 1956)