Topband: Ethanol-free gas locations in USA

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Ethanol-free gas locations in USA
From: kliegle@myfairpoint.net
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 07:47:38 -0400

I burn this in all the two stroke lawn care equipment, 4 stroke boats, and gas
generators. The ethanol absorbs water and holds it in suspension. Once in
contact with aluminum, the aluminum corrodes and flakes will block the tiny
ports in a small engine's carb. Check this site out for a station near you:
https://www.pure-gas.org/
I got to watch a Honda tech take apart a HondaEU2000 that would only run with
the choke partially pulled. With only a 10mm socket and blade screwdriver, he
pulled the cover, removed the carb, pulled out the main jet and poked it clean
with a wire. He then actually drilled the port in the jet slightly larger and
told me that it would run better and never block again.
In the aviation world, we call it Mogas, and our local airport sells it by the
hundreds of gallons a day for both airplanes and contractors, lawn care people,
snow removal people, and tuna fisherman. You can buy it at select airports, but
you will pay a preminum: http://flyunleaded.com/mapusairports.html

73 Kriss KA1GJU