Crank up

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Crank up
From: ke6ber@tiac.net (Alfred J. Frugoli, KE6BER/1)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 14:02:15 -0400
Ok, going to be working on my first tower project this summer.  I'm looking
for any experiences people have had with the delivery and erection of crank
up towers.  I will be installing a US Tower TX-472 which has a total weight
of 1040 lbs.  What I want to know exactly is how have people offloaded the
tower from the truck, manpower?  If so, how many people are necessary to do
the job safely.  Second, is a raising fixture really necessary, or are
there other means of raising the tower once it's at the base.  All
information will be appreciated.

On a permitting note, I just took all my paperwork into the building
inspectors office in town here (Templeton, MA, Worcester county) and was
told that everythign looked in order, and that the permit would be mailed
out that afternoon, so I would have it in my hand the next day.  I was
surprised how easy that process was for me, but then again, I live out in
the country.

Thanks in advance.

Al, KE6BER/1, ke6ber@tiac.net  http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber