Rohn shackles/T-Bars

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Rohn shackles/T-Bars
From: fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com (Tony Brock-Fisher)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 08:21:37 -0400
Terrific Question!!! I have the same problem. One side of my
Rohn 45 tower is guyed with 5/16 EHS, because the guy anchor is
close to the base (30' out from 68' tower). The 5/16 thimble
won't fit through the torque bar, so I had to use a 3/8" shackle.
Yes, I know it's only rated abt 2100 lbs. I'd really like to
use shackles on all sides, because then it's relativley easy to
disconnect the top of the guy for moving antennas, etc.

If anyone finds the "RIGHT STUFF", put me down for 3!!!

...3/8" pin, 11000 pounds...

-Tony, K1KP, fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com