MAST V.S. TOWER

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: MAST V.S. TOWER
From: jsweeney@pop.wwa.com (John Sweeney K9EL)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 1996 20:09:03 -0500
Additional 2 cents from K9EL:

I REALLY suggest you spend the extra money and buy Rohn 45.  Like Bill
says below, it is very nice to sleep at night when a major storm hits.
I decided on 45 over 15 years ago and have always rested easier.  The
difference between the two is very significant, and if you keep the
tower up 10 years, the cost difference is minimal over that time period.
I have 70ft ROhn 45, TH7 at top, 15 ft mast with 2 el 40 10 ft up
on the mast, plus assorted VHF antennas.

By the way, I agree - get the Rohn book.

Good luck es 73
John K9EL