Screw In Guy Anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Screw In Guy Anchors
From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, KM9P)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 21:46:10 -0400 (EDT)
I bought some screw in guy anchors from Texas Towers last week.  Got em in
and they aren't anywhere near as big as the commercial jobs I have on the
"big" tower.  They are about 4 foot long.  Anyway... I was screwing these
things in on Saturday and couldn't believe how hard they were to get in.  My
arms are REALLY sore today.

Was talking with NM5M on 15M SSB and he suggested digging out a hole with a
post hole digger and filling it up with water.  Letting it stand for a
period of time and then screwing in the anchor.  Anyone else have any tips?
I got two of them in all but a few inches.  Next weekend it will probably be
100 degrees for the 3rd one to be installed.

BTW this group has 628 members now.  And I hate to say it, but I read more
of this reflector than I do CQ-Nonsense.  So don't tell anyone about this
reflector!

73

Bill
| Contesting Online... The ultimate           |
| source of ham radio contest information     |
| http://www.contesting.com                   |