NoAlox, Penatrox, etc

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: NoAlox, Penatrox, etc
From: aa7bg@initco.net (AA7BG Matt Trott)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 23:19:48 -0600
At 09:47 PM 7/28/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Can you put too much of this junk on the joints of the antenna?
>
>Bill

I dunno, but allow me to digress:

I use something called OXGARD. I think/hope it's the same stuff. I put a
smear of it on a non-metallic flat surface yesterday so I could see how
conductive it was. I was surprised to see no deflection at all in my VOM
when I stuck the two probes into it. It looks like it's impregnated with
zinc or some metal so what gives?  The joints I've used it on show good
electrical connections so I'm relieved to see that it's not the perfect
insulator that it appears to be when not in contact with metal.
AA7BG       "Who turned out the lights?" --Alfredo D. Dark       Matt Trott