Squirrel Deterrents

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Squirrel Deterrents
From: ke6ber@tiac.net (Alfred J. Frugoli, KE6BER/1)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 17:28:11 -0400
I have a situation I need some input on.  My coax lines for my contest
station will be running from an anchor point on the house, and out to two
old telephone poles and then to the tower.  Here's the problem, these
telephone poles used to hold an electrical line that went out to some
barns.  These barns are now gone, and the electrical line is gone, but
during the life of that electrical line, many squirrels used it as a way to
get onto the roof of the house and had done some significant damage to the
eves.  When this coax goes up, I need to put something on the line similar
to what they use on ship mooring ropes to keep rats off the ships.  Anybody
know of a source or have experience with dealing with this problem?  Please
reply directly to ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net.  Thanks.

Al, KE1FO (ex. KE6BER), ke1fo@contesting.com, ke6ber@tiac.net
                        http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber