Texas Towers Summary - Other Supliers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Texas Towers Summary - Other Supliers
From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, KM9P)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 15:26:59 -0400 (EDT)
I received a lot of mail regarding these guys.  Quite a few had similar
problems.  A couple mentioned dealing with some guy that acted like he was
doing you a favor to take your order.  I didnt mention that in my note, but
I will ditto the remarks I received.   Here are some of the notes I received:
-----

While I am only neutral about them (Tx. Twrs.) Bill... I would wait and
see if UPS had something to do with it... also, ANYTHING I have a
time-deadline on I ship 2-day-if not 1 day. I THINK UPS does not
ACTUALLY pay any real attention about 'when' an item will arrive until
it is 'Next Day' regardless of their claims. I personally have had very
good luck dealing with Ross Distrib.-altho I dunno if he has extensive
tower stock. 73

-----

National Tower 1-800-762-5049   Kansas.

-----

I would recommend R&L electronics in Ohio.  When I was putting up my
tower in Raleigh, NC I needed guy wire.  As long as I ordered in the
morning it was delivered in 2 days without fail (order day plus two).

-----

Hi Bill.  Two possibilities for towers and tower equipment would be WB0W
and Burghardt Amateur Center.  There is also a company in NE Kansas,
Shawnee Mission I think, that deals mainly with towers, rotators, etc.
But I can't think of their name.  GL

-----

Try Hutton Communications. I understand they are over around Jimmy Carter.
Norcross, GA

-----

73

Bill

| Contesting Online... The ultimate           |
| source of ham radio contest information     |
| http://www.contesting.com                   |