Scotch Kote?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Scotch Kote?
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 11:40:51 -0400
>>>"Chuck Brudtkuhl" said:
> Mail*Link(r) SMTP               RE>>Scotch Kote?
>
> Ok, this prompts a question from this corner.  (I have used the commercial
> wrap, it is good, but I am cheap).  I have been using two types of wrap under
> the 88 tape for 15-20 yrs now and have had nadda problem, but would

Scotch 130C Linerless Splicing Tape.  I bought a roll of this stuff a few years
ago for about $6. [Probably a bit less...I forget.  Check a Grainger catalog.
They have great prices on UV wireties too...100 for less than $5!]  It has been
keeping my exterior 9913 connections weatherproof for a couple years.  Great
stuff, and it goes a long way.  I top coat the linerless with two layers of
Scotch 88 wrapped "UP" and an inch or two beyond the linerless.

I had the opportunity to undo a taped up connector the other month and found
that the linerless had nicely settled into the small nooks and crannies of the
PL-259s and barrel.  Of course it looked like it conformed well when I taped
it, but undoing it I was able to see the impressions on the inside of the
linerless left by the connector surface irregularities.  The linerless seems to
have nice adhesion qualities with the coax jacket as well.  I used new tape
when I re-did the joint of course.

--
73 de N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><