Mechanical Units in Rohn specs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Mechanical Units in Rohn specs
From: sawyers@cacd.rockwell.com (sawyers)
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 96 15:23:13 cst
That's the way I read them.

de n0yvy steve

Author:  Michael Tope <mtope@iu.net> at ccmgw1
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date:    8/31/96 2:06 PM

I am having a little trouble understanding the units used in Rohn's 25G
mechanical specs. For moment capacity, M, they call out FT.-KIPS, and for
yield strength, Fy, they call out KSI. My guess is that KIPS are kilopounds,
and KSI are kilopounds per square inch? Can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks,

Michael Tope, AD4VH (ex KD8NS)
200 Easy Street
Melbourne, FL 32934
Phone: (407) 259-7494
Eail: mtope@iu.net
"It is the empty space inside the vessel that makes it useful" - Lao Tzu