Tower guying questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Tower guying questions
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 08:37:06 -0500
>       My questions are these:
>1.  Is there anything I can do to salvage the installation, such as
>putting something into the holes to fill the spaces?

No. From the sounds of it, I would say your guy anchors are really sub-par
for that application. You didn't mention how much concrete you used, but I
bet it wasn't a lot.

>2.  Should I do something right away or could it wait until the spring?
>I'm going to be hard pressed for time to plant new guy anchors before it
>gets cold.

Do something right away. I suggest new anchors built for concrete (use the
Rohn ones) and follow the Rohn guylines for the amount of concrete in each
anchor. I don't have my book handy, but I would say that will be between 1
and 2 yards of concrete per anchor.

Don't wait. Start fixing the problem now! I think you may have a dangerous
situation should you have excessive rain, wind, or ice occur before you fix it.

Good luck.

73, Richard
K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na