Need mast recommendations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Need mast recommendations
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 20:53:05 -0400
I need to replace a mast that supports a 204BA and a Cuschcraft 402CD. The
total length is 15' with 12' above the tower top (10' spacing plus 2' for top
truss).

What do you guys recommend to use? Anyone have good luck with Aluminum, or
should it be avoided? It sure is tempting to save all that weight. My 1/4"
steel didn't do too well against hurricane Fran.

Where is a good source of mast material? I know K5RC and Texas Towers have
good steel masts, but there's so much shipping hassle/expense. Is there a
possible local industrial supplier that I could go to if I knew exactly what
to ask for?

73,

Will
AA4NC (soon to be WZ4ZZZ)