Open in coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Open in coax
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 02:49:32 GMT
On Thu, 10 Oct 1996 22:03:54 -0400 (EDT), Dennis Shapiro
<shapird@meol.mass.edu>wrote:

>I have an open circuit in my coax feedline to the tribander--about 150 =
feet=20
>long.  Looking for ways to tell where the open is.  Coax is about 6 =
years=20
>old and looks and feels ok.
Measure the capacitance at the input to the coax (make sure accessories =
like
SWR meters are disconnected) and then divide that figure by the =
capacitance
per foot of the coax.  The answer is the number of feet away the break =
is.
I'll bet the "break" is at a connector which came unsoldered. =20

73, Bill W7LZP
wrt@eskimo.com