US Tower MA40 Plan Part II

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: US Tower MA40 Plan Part II
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 01:52:45 EDT
Joe:

No attorney (and I am one) will ever advise you to act illegally.  But I
think you need some more sophisticated lawyering.  I don't know CA law,
but this is just another structure.  In the U.S., if it isn't outlawed,
it is legal.  You may have to remind the town of that  --- a lot.

Never rely on the word of the poeple behind the counter to tell you what
the law is.  Their safest answer is always "Don't do it."  Read the bylaw
yourself, THEN provide it to a local ARRL Volunteer Counsel to read.  The
initial consultation will be free.

Good luck.

Fred Hopengarten, K1VR
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105 * 617/259-0088
e-mail:  k1vr@juno.com
Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low.