wiretalk

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: wiretalk
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 20:14:53 -0400 (EDT)
Barry,
I purchased two thousand feet of #12 stranded (19 strands) copperweld
wire from "The Wireman" several years ago.  Only three months later I
removed one of the antennas and discovered significant evidence of rust!
A year later the rust was extensive and strands were broken in many
places along the length of the wire.  I complained to "The Wireman" and
they replaced all 2000 feet with a tinned copperweld 19 strand wire.  I'm
haven't examined this wire lately, so I'm not sure if it has also begun
to rust!

Ten years ago I acquired several thousand feet of surplus rhombic wire.
This is three strands of #12 copperweld.  Now I wish I hadn't passed up
the opportunity to purchase several thousand additional feet!   Its the
best antenna wire I've ever used.

73
Frank
W3LPL