need information on horizontal loop antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: need information on horizontal loop antenna
From: dfi@goodnet.com (dfi)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 22:44:48 -0700 (MST)
Dave,
Check out September 1995 QST pp 33 - 41.  K6STI and W6KUT describe a
horizontal loop.  I have started to build one, but have not finished it
yet.  I am going to use 10' TV masts anchored to the fascia of the roof
and braced back to the sloping part of the roof itself.  I should get
roughly a 30' maximum square area for the loop.  This may be somewhat
smaller than the antenna you are describing.  This small loop requires
matching, and is only meant for RX.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI

From:   Scott Cowling           Zephyr Engineering, Inc