Brass Fittings and Sockets

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Brass Fittings and Sockets
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Rod Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 14:52:59 -0600
I am attempting to put a cubical quad and am going to use Calcutta Poles
as opposed to bamboo or fiberglas poles.  I want to be able to cut the
poles in half and fit them with brass or aluminum "Sockets"... the type
that you see on occasion on cane fishing poles found in bait shops and
fishing supply stores.

Does anyone know where I can find a supply of these fittings?  They are
made up of two pieces, one fitting into another.  They are hollow and
can be attached to the poles via epoxy or other good adhesive so that
the poles may be "broken down" into two pieces and shipped through UPS.

Does anyone know where I can find such fittings or sockets that would be
appropriate for approximately 3/4" to 1" poles?  Please respond to me
here or at w5hvv@aeneas.net.

Thank you for your consideration es best DX!
Rod, W5HVV

Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph, W5HVV
79 Highland Hills Cove,
Jackson, TN 38305
(901) 661-9278 (Home Phone - after 10 AM & before 9 PM)
(901) 664-7539 (FAX Number - any time of day)