Feeding Stacked TH-6s

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Feeding Stacked TH-6s
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 12:45:49 EST
From:
Fred Hopengarten, K1VR
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105 * 617/259-0088
e-mail:  k1vr@juno.com
Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low.

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996 09:14:22 -0500 Tony Brock-Fisher
<fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com> writes:
>You must get the phasing on the baluns correct! After you put it up,
>if
>you switch to both-in-phase and the signal strength decreases, one
>of the baluns needs to be reversed. GL!
>
>-Tony, K1KP, fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com

AMEN!  When I stacked a TH6 over a TH7, I discovered that physically
mounting the BN-86 baluns the same way put the baluns "out of phase" due
to the TH7 dual driven element.  That cost me sorely two years ago. --
Fred K1VR