Erecting my First

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Erecting my First
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 1996 22:50:28 -0600
Well let me see - 4x4x4 = 64 cubic feet or over 2 cubic yards. The
little mixer that a guy in the club lets us use does 2 and 1/2 to 3
cubic feet at a time, so that is 20 to 25 loads at 15 minutes per load.
This is five to six hours of hard labor for three to four guys. I don't
know about you, but I am out of shape and will need lots of help.

In my area we have a two yard minimum (which you nicely meet) at $62 a
yard. They backup and pour it in the hole. They also do a nice job of
quality control and can put in the air-entrainment stuff to make it
stand freezing weather better after it cures.

So on the one had we have a $125 outlay, and on the other we have 15 to
24 hours of hard labor plus materials which won't be cheap. I don't
think you will make minimum wage on the job and be tired and sore to
boot.

I vote to scrap the self-mix and have my friends come over for the tower
raising and antenna party.

Other than that - looks like a nice do-able tower project.

de n0yvy steve