Crank-Ups & Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Crank-Ups & Coax
From: k2uvg@nfds.net (Hank Kahrs)
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 1996 20:15:49 -0600
At 12:42 AM 12/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Joe Spinosa wrote:
>>

>> Here's the question:  How do people route rotator control cables and coax
runs
>> on crank-up towers?  Are the coax runs supported on each section?
>>

>> Best Regards,
>> Joe Spinosa
>> KF6CWX

>Glad to hear you are getting the project underway. I have exactly same
>concerns regarding cabling the crank up for my TX489MDPL I am in process
>of erecting.

>I hope someone else has a better solution!
>--
>Joe Leikhim
>Jleikhim@nettally.com

I currently us a crank-up(HG-52SS) with a 32-19 at 63ft...PRO-67B at 53 ft.
I use 7/8 inch harline to the top of the fixed tower section and CQ Flexi
4XL (flexible 9913) the rest of the way to the ole Boomer.

Home made coax arms support the coax top and bottom.  Cranked down, its not
neat.  But I just crank it down for storms like ERIN and OPAL and a few
other visitors we have along NW Florida's Emerald Coast.

73, Hank/K2UVG
k2uvg@nfds.net
http://www.nfds.net/~nkahrs/k2uvg.html