Quads vs. Yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Quads vs. Yagis
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 09:41:34 -0600
Not this again!  In Kansas... Ice won't let you have a quad unless your
ready to climb the tower in the cold and blow.  Wind in Kansas will tear up
a quad quickly, unless it is built with pole vaulting poles.  Mechanically,
they are hard to deal with in this state.

BUT....  IMHO....  I love them...but again there is reality.

Over 20 years ago, when I was a young buck and full of it....  our FD group
put up a 40 meter quad beaming to the east from Kansas.  The band was open
on day and all night on FD.  Never left the band...and worked it like crazy.
Actually, it was a two -elemenet delta loop "quad."  (How can a delta loop
be a quad?  Oh well...)  We had to use a 150 foot water tower and some trees
to get it all up for for one day is was pure-dee fun

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net