10M antenna stack query

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: 10M antenna stack query
From: jay@dunestar.com (Jay Terleski)
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 10:03:01 -0600
M. Gray Brafford wrote:

> I'm just about ready to put my second 105ca in a 3 bay stack. The first one
> is at 92'. I'm thinking about putting #2 at 62' and #3 at 32'. I would
> appreciate any stacking hints, especially spacing.
> Thanks, Mick..W4YV
>
> --

Mick,  If your using the Stackmatch, congratulations and thanks.

30 feet will work, but I found that modelling what I have for 10m mono
stacks .75 wave gives much cleaner lobes.  As you approach 1 wave
spacing, the higher angle lobes start to reappear.  Do you have any
antenna software like YO or NEC2 which you can model this yourself?

It will be well worth buying if you don't have it so you can really get
a feel for stacks.  But If not, I think you'd be happier with 25 foot
separation.

GL
Jay, WX0B