Rohn EF2545 Lifting Capacity

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Rohn EF2545 Lifting Capacity
From: n2jv@worldnet.att.net (Jack Vandermosten)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 18:23:44 +0000
I need to know if anyone has successfully used Rohn's EF2545 to hoist the
boom section (165 pounds) of a 4564 foldover in place. The Rohn catalog
states that this erection fixture is designed to lift one tower section at a
time.  Assuming 70 lbs for a section of 45, I would be exceeding the weight
limitation by 2.4 times. On the other hand, the gin pole would be fully
collapsed and all the weight distributed to the pulley and tower mounting
section of the fixture.

What do you think guys?  Incidently, Rohn's chief engineer "doesn't know
without extensive testing".

73, Jack N2JV