C-3 Info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: C-3 Info
From: fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com (Tony Brock-Fisher)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 12:47:56 -0500
Steve writes:

       No, I think in order to equate the two antennas performance you'd have
to have the same boom length.  Comparing an 18 foot boom antenna (the C-3) to
a 32 foot boom antenna (the XA) is not only a case of apples and oranges but
also is downright misleading in terms of espousing accurate information and
comparisons.

1. I agree - it's this disparity I'm trying to point out. Tom attempts
to compare the two.

2. You can't really even give the C3 all 18 feet of it's boom, unless
you buy the argument that 'all elements are active'. The 2 elements
on 20 are only about 11 feet apart. So the 20 meter portion of the
C3 has a boom length of 11 feet.

>      Otherwise, your well thought out comments are always welcome and
appreciated on TowerTalk.

Thanks!

-Tony, K1KP, fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com