Seeking information: Triasto Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Seeking information: Triasto Tower
From: Norm_Beasley@sil.org (Norm_Beasley@sil.org)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 14:11 -0500 (EST)
     G'Day to all readers of Towertalk,

     I have recently been given a "Triasto" brand tower, and am seeking
     more information on it. It was a donation from the wife of a ham in
     California to our mission organization. I expressed interest in the
     tower, and it was given to me.

     According to the information I have it is a: "Triasto, telescoping, 3
     sectional, 55 foot tower with tilt over hinged base. #CLT100 or
     #CLT371. It was purchased new in 1984, for about US$ 1600."

     Does anybody know anything about the Triasto company? Is it still a
     going concern? Was it purchased and incorporated by another company?
     Any contact information? Any information would be appreciated. I have
     looked in the various US ham journals and magazines (last 5 years)
     that I have access to here in PNG, but have not seen an advertisement
     for this company, nor does the name sound familiar.

     I have seen the tower briefly, collapsed and being prepared for
     overseas shipment. It appears to be about 16 inches across a side on
     the lower section, 10 inches across the top section. No ID plate with
     Brand, Model Number, Serial Number, or anything found on the tower. I
     have information from TRI-EX Tower Corp. and was thinking I would try
     to use their information for their LM-354 crank up tower as I thought
     the towers might be similar. But I am not sure if this thinking is
     good or not.

     The tower is now in country and should arrive at my house in the next
     week or so. I would like information on it before I do anything rash
     or foolish.

     Any help would be appreciated.

     73,
     Norm Beasley, P29NB/KO4CB