TOWER FEED LINES

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: TOWER FEED LINES
From: RWeissman@cognizantcorp.com (Weissman, Robert E. (Westport))
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 17:46:46 -0500
I have a new 80' crankup that will be wearing beams come spring.  I have
(but haven't installed) feedline standoff arms for the tower.  My
concern is that if I just dress the coax and rotor lines through these
standoffs, 55' of cable will end up buried under the snow and ice during
the winter if the tower is in the 'crankdown' position!  I can't find
anything in the Handbook et al addressing this problem.

Any ideas or suggestions?

73 de Bob, W1CKT