Foldover tower raising fixture

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Foldover tower raising fixture
From: rhill@htonline.com (rhill)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:01:34 -0500
Paul Ash wrote:

> I am interested in building/purchasing a raising fixture for my
> crankup/foldover tower. I understand that at least one of these
> is availible commercially. However, from what I understand they
> are quite expensive. If anyone has ever built one of these or knows
> of some possible sources for one I would like to hear from you.

one source you might check out is Heights Tower Systems:
9505 Groh Road Bld 70 E
Grosse Ile MI 48138
phone 313-692-6711  fax 313-692-6727

My tower is a crank-up/foldover.  I purchased a motorized screw winch
which folds the tower to the ground without the handcranking, it is very
nice and fast.  They also have motorized systems for cranking the tower
up.  I don't know what the cost of the motorized raising system would
be.  The crank over winch system's cost was about 650 dollars; they also
have a heavy duty 4ft platform, with heavy duty folding plates  for this
fixture which is another 900 dollars but very efficent and nice.

Bob N8WFL rhill@htonline.com