[TowerTalk] Loading 64 Foot Tower with steel guys as Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Loading 64 Foot Tower with steel guys as Vertical
From: w5fl@flash.net (Wendell - W5FL)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 17:55:07 -0600
I have just got my Rohn 45 64 foot Foldover tower up with a 2 el 5 band quad on
top.  They tower is guyed with eight guys. Four are at 30 foot and four are at
the 58 foot point and the guy radius is a small 25 foot radius.  It looks like
a discone and I wondered if a tower with steel guys could be loaded as a
vertical?.  I do not want to insulate the guys as they are well grounded for
lightning protection.  I have 67 foot long radials on the tower (also for
lightning protection).

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Wendell Wyly     W5FL     w5fl@flash.net