[TowerTalk] Troubleshooting an A3

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Troubleshooting an A3
From: jpryor@uga.cc.uga.edu (Jay Pryor)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:04:43 -0500 (EST)
Early in the ARRL DX contest I discovered the SWR on my A3S had gone haywire
on 20M and 15M and was extremely erratic on 10M.  Can anyone give me ideas
on troubleshooting the problem?  It was OK two weeks ago in the CW contest.
It is not the coax or the connection to the antenna -- I hooked my analyzer
(MFJ-259) --  to the antenna connection at the antenna and got the same,
high SWR reading.  I suppose that either one of the clamps on one of the
elements has gotten loose -- or it's a problem with one of the traps.  Is
there a way to test a trap and see if it's OK?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

- Jay/K4OGG