[TowerTalk] Proposed digest

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Proposed digest
From: k2kv@netusa.net (Jeff Singer)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 16:56:26 +0000
Please Steve,

NO DIGEST.

I have been the recipient of several digests in the past and while they
might seem a good idea at first, they become extremely tiresome to pore
over at best. We poor chaps who receive lots of mail, say 25 to 100
emails daily, will have to read EVERY piece of dribble that gets posted
with a digest (This is not to say that towertalkians produce dribble,
but if I have no interest in a particular subject, such as guying Rohn
towers, then the hundreds of comments that get posted monthly on that
topic are simply dribble to me).

With the individual subject headings being posted now, we can simply
read the ones we want, delete the ones we don't ("delete, delete,
delete..., done!"). We can reply immediately with our smart browsers to
the correct party or parties, or the entire group if we so desire. Can't
do that with a digest.

We must unwillingly look through ALL of the postings in order to get to
something of interest. It's kind of like looking something up in the
dictionary. But imagine if the dictionary were NOT alphabetized. We'd
not use it too often, I'm sure. That's what a digest is like. Just a
jumble of information.

My personal experience tells me that I would eventually lose interest in
the sifting-out process specific to a digest-type forum, and would soon
drop out of the group, since that is exactly what I have done with every
other digest! Others would do the same. And what a shame that would be.

Sincere 73,
de Jeff K2KV
k2kv@netusa.net