[TowerTalk] Antenna Tuners

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Tuners
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 1997 18:02:12 -1000
At 09:12 PM 3/9/97 -0600, Hawkins, Bill wrote:

>Here's the question.
>Unless (a BIG unless) the feedline is a perfect match for the
>antenna, ain't I just fooling the rig and matching it to the feedline
>while the feedline is still probably mismatched to the antenna
>and bouncing reflected power all around?

Nope!  Order and READ Walt Maxwell's book "Reflections"
from the ARRL.  You will at last understand what is going
on!

>Another question.
>Unless everything is properly matched (a BIG unless),
>Shouldn't the antenna tuner be at the antenna and the
>feedline tuner be at the rig?

Again,  nope!  Read the book above,  and forget most of
what might be sent to you on here,  unless it is from
certain people,  such as Walt Maxwell,  Lew McCoy,
Paul Schrader,  Dave Thompwon,  to name a few who
KNOW what they are talking about.

73,  Jim,  KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai