[TowerTalk] Guying a vertical whip

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying a vertical whip
From: JOE.BETTE-BENNETT@ITU.CH (JOE.BETTE-BENNETT@ITU.CH)
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:30:43 +0000
      I want to put up a 20'  VHF whip above my house, and since I'm
in the middle of town I intend putting in on a 20' mast  to
get it above the noise. This would be fixed to a wall just under the
waves of my house. The whip is the Cushcraft ARX6 and the mast
would be 1.5" od Aluminium pole.
    At what heights should I guy the antenna. One at the top of the
mast, and one 2/3 up the whip ?  Wind wise I'm very sheltered but the
mast will start 20-25 ft up and I don't want it crashing down on my
neighbours.

     73 de GJ0NYG Joe